Friday, March 27, 2009

Get Moving!

Right now, the weather where I live is changing constantly. Last week, we were spending time outside riding bikes and taking walks. in gorgeous weather. This week, it has been cold and snowy, so we have been stuck inside with occasional short stints outside to play in the snow. It has been hard to get my kids moving and getting their energy out. So, here are a few simple things we have tried to get us moving.

Do some stairs. I don't know why, but my kids get a kick out of this. All we do is just go up and down the stairs. Sometimes we run, and sometimes we walk. It really wears them, and me out!

Wii Fit. The Wii Fit is really fun for my kids. They especially like doing the yoga moves and the running game. Since they are little, we are somewhat limited in the things they can actually do on their own. They can do most things with a little help. Sometimes, we'll have one of them do the running game while the other is doing stairs with mom or dad.

Jumping Jacks. My kids think that jumping jacks are so much fun. We just pick a number to count to and do that many jumping jacks. (Rocket science, I know!) My littlest doesn't have great form when she does them, but she still enjoys jumping around and counting with us.

No comments: