Wednesday, April 8, 2009

When We’re Helping We’re Happy!

A big focus at my house lately has been how to get my house clean and organized without having to do it all by myself, yet also teaching my girls that working together around the house can be fun. I started with a fun way that would get the girls attention. I made the job flower pot. The materials you would need for this are: a pot of some kind to hold the flowers, craft sticks, flowers cut from paper (I stamped mine and then punched them out), glue stick or hot glue, and a filler for the pot (I used wheat since I have quite a bit in food storage!) I made the flowers and glued them onto the craft sticks. Then I wrote jobs that my 4 year old could do on her own, or was ready to learn how to do on her own at the bottom of the sticks. (I put one stick in that said FREE DAY just to mix it up a bit.) Fill the pot with the filler and flowers and there you go! Believe it or not the 4 year old gets excited when I ask her to pick a job. It's a surprise every morning! Sometimes whatever her job is determines where I will start too. If she cleans her room, I clean mine!

DSCN0151  DSCN0152

No comments: